[flac-dev] manpages in mdoc(7)

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Thu Dec 4 08:55:21 PST 2014

Hi Erik,

some time ago you agreed to have the manpages of libsndfile
rewritten into the semantic markup of the mdoc(7) language.
As a happy user, I am offering to do the same for FLAC.

Currently, flac.1 and metaflac.1 are generated from DocBook sources.
Is the docbook sgml source used to generate anything else?
That doesn't seem to be tha case. I believe a rewrite into mdoc(7)
would be an improvement.

If you are interested, please let me know.
I think it would be possible to get it into
the 1.3.2 release which you projected "in a few weeks".

	Sincerely

		Jan