[flac-dev] Modified metaflac add --output-json

Барт Гопник bart.gopnik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:40:29 PST 2014

Please help me solve the following problem:

FLAC tools have a lots of warnings about non-subset files during
encoding, but unfortunately don't have easy way to check/test existing
FLAC stream for subset compliance.

"flac -a" generates the big text file that has data about each frame
and subframe. But looks like I need parser and statistics tools to
answer on question about subset compliance of stream.

Looks like "metaflac --show-min-blocksize --show-max-blocksize
--show-sample-rate --show-bps" is more useful, but unfortunately there
is no switches to show LPC filter order and Rice partition order in
MataFLAC tool.

It would be nice if anybody add switches to show more parameters like
LPC filter order and Rice partition order and checking for subset
compliance of stream to MetaFLAC tool.

Using output in JSON format is very useful thing (bit thanks for
that!), but user, unfortunately, still need statistics tools to answer
on question about subset compliance of stream.

Waitman, could you please implement switches to show LPC filter order
and Rice partition order and checking for subset compliance of stream
to MetaFLAC tool? It would be great help.