[flac-dev] MSVS: debug flac.exe uses release libogg_static.lib

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 11:46:23 PDT 2013

Ralph Giles wrote:

>> With current settings, MSVS links debug version of flac.exe (and other
>> .exe and .dll files) with the release version of libogg_static.lib.
>> MSVS issues a "warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'libcmt.lib' conflicts with use
>> of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library"
>
> Sounds like a bug. Debug targets should link to debug builds of their
> dependencies to simplify debugging.

I agree, but according to README (section "Building with MSVC"): user builds
libogg_static.lib separately, and then copies the file to flac\objs\release\lib
directory. It seems that libogg debugging is not possible with such build method anyway.

(I know that such thing is very dangerous for C++ program that uses STL/Boost/etc.
But libogg is a pure C library, so it seems to be safe. A bit ugly though.)