[flac-dev] Switching all tests to bash

Jaren Stangret sirjaren at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 21:04:21 PDT 2013

This is fine with me.

I started this process long ago as well, and would make the recommendation
that if you use BASH, keep the bashisms to BASH 2.03 or lower.

If you script wtih BASH 2 as the lowest common denominator, you'll find
that most systems are supported (even Solaris 8 -- BASH 2.03b).

Erik is right, you can definitely simplify many of the tests and source
many of the duplicated functions/code that currently exist.

Long story short, I'm all for it.