[flac-dev] Switching all tests to bash

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Sep 15 15:25:01 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm thingking og switching all the test scripts to use /bin/bash instead
of /bin/sh. The main reason is that /bin/sh on linux can mean one of
two things; bash in bourne shell comatibility mode or dash. These two
behave differently enough to make it a pain to be always testing them.

The other issue is that using some bash features will allow me to reuse
code and reduce the amount of shell script that needs to be mainatained.

Does anyone see any major problems with this?

Cheers,
Erik