[flac-dev] PATCH: x86-64 support and SSE intrinscis code

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Sep 15 03:21:41 PDT 2013

lvqcl wrote:

> It's not possible to use ia32/*.nasm code in 64-bit compiles.
> There's still no 64-bit asm code in FLAC. I'm not familiar with asm too,
> so I wrote SSE-accelerated code using intrinsics.

Thanks for your work on this.

I've applied these patches, updated the configure script to detect
the required features and then tweaked things slightly.

The biggest of these tweaks weas to disable the intrinsics version
fero FLAC__CPU_IA32 because I couldn't get this to compile on
i386-linux (and we have the nasm versions). Still open to re-enabling
this if someone can get it to work.

Cheers,
Erik