[flac-dev] Bug fix and compatibility patches for 1.3.0pre4

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Sat May 25 01:03:27 PDT 2013

On 25.5.2013 10:54, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Robert Kausch wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I tried 1.3.0pre4 with ICL on Windows and found some issues. Not sure if
>> this is the right place to submit patches, but someone suggested this on
>> the apparently dead SourceForge patch tracker.
>>
>> The first two are quite straight forward:
>>
>> - The ICL patch fixes a typo in bitmath.h and adds
>> FLAC__bitwriter_write_zeroes to the external declarations in bitwriter.c.
>> - The Ogg patch replaces the check for FLAC_API_SUPPORTS_OGG_FLAC in
>> stream_decoder.c with FLAC__HAS_OGG to fix compilation with Ogg support.
>>
>> The _lseeki64 patch probably is a little more controversial. The problem
>> is that fseeki64 and ftelli64 are not available in Windows XP - at least
>> not without installing extra MSVC runtime libraries. I changed compat.h
>> and replaced them with calls to _lseeki64, which was available at least
>> back to Windows 98 and thus doesn't impose such compatibility issues.
>> However, the patch only represents my quick and dirty solution and
>> you'll probably like to find a cleaner one. Maybe all calls to fseeko
>> and ftello should be put in OS specific wrapper functions.
>>
>> Would love to see those patches in the 1.3.0 release.
> Sorry, I've read through this thread and can't figure out what was
> actually decided and which patch I should be looking at.
>
> Clues?
>
> Erik

None. The functions in use do not prevent the program from working on
any operating system. Their usage only requires compiler to have the
functions, and all Microsoft Visual C compilers since version 2005 have
them. If there is will to support older compilers it should be in some
MSVC version dependant macro, so that new compilers don't need hacks.