[flac-dev] FLAC for Android: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Fri May 24 06:00:12 PDT 2013

Now that I can build FLAC again with Janne's patch I would like to report
about the warnings I get when building for Android:

android-make | grep warn
md5.c: In function 'format_input_':
md5.c:282:25: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
md5.c:288:24: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
decode.c: In function 'write_callback':
decode.c:970:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
decode.c:971:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
decode.c:972:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
decode.c:973:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
encode.c:118:34: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]
encode.c:119:33: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
[-Wcast-align]

Kind regards,

Felix