[flac-dev] Patch to add Unicode filename support for win32 flac

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Mon Mar 18 04:21:36 PDT 2013

On 18.3.2013 11:35, JonY wrote:
> Before anyone does anything, see __wgetmainargs
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff770599.aspx>.
>
> It can expand wildcards. Since it already provides argc/argv/env, it is
> more a less a drop-in replacement for the main() arguments.

MSVC also comes with
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8bch7bkk%28v=vs.80%29.aspx. To
support unicode with these methods would require somewhat more #ifdef
code in main. We'd need to change project files to define Unicode
character set and turn main into _wmain and char *argv to wchar_t *argv.
Also these are MSVC's internal features, if I'm not mistaken. Other
compilers on Windows would then require different solutions.