[flac-dev] Patch to add Unicode filename support for win32 flac

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Mar 17 23:55:22 PDT 2013

Brian Willoughby wrote:

> I believe that shell does handle wildcards on all Unix variants,
> including OSX.

Yes.

> Since Windows does not handle them, I suggest that the
> main flac code not be littered with code that's not necessary on the
> primary platforms.

No, the flac code will not be "littered with code that's not necessary
on the primary platforms".

There will be some windows specific code in a new file, a bunch of
replacements of existing fopen() calls with flac_fopen() (similarly
for chmod and utime) and the main function for the flac and metaflac
executables will have an additional:

    #ifdef _WIN32
	if (!convert_argv_to_utf8(&argc, &argv))
		flac__utils_printf(stderr, 1, "ERROR: yada yada\n");
    #endif

This is a small un-obtrusive change that I fully support.

I would however like to see it sooner rather than later so we can get
this damn thing released :-).

Erik