[flac-dev] Patch to add Unicode filename support for win32 flac

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Sat Mar 16 19:33:38 PDT 2013

Here's a patch that makes MSVC compiled flac.exe able to use wildcards
and encode/decode files with Unicode characters in names. It may not be
the prettiest code but it fulfills its primary purpose.
I tried to alter FLAC code as little as possible. It replaces argv with
utf-8 encoded version and only converts to usable Unicode for file
functions. That means printed texts and tags that contain non-ascii
characters will be broken, but it is fixable if these changes are
acceptable.

I compiled a test binary with MSVC 2012 and uploaded it to
http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/temp/flac-1.3pre2-mod.zip.
This compile includes the Wave64 fix.