[flac-dev] [flac 1.3.0pre2 pre-release] Updates to test suite

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Mon Mar 11 21:51:06 PDT 2013

On Mar 11, 2013, at 21:37, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Jaren Stangret wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm currently going through the massive test suite, updating all the
>> scripts making sure they conform to the POSIX standard.
>>
>> I've added a bunch of comments to them and have slightly changed/
>> reworked
>> some of the functions to make it easier to read and process.
>>
>> I'm also eliminating the use of 'echo' in favor of 'printf' since
>> echo has
>> many unspecified uses.
>>
>> Attached are only three patches (each patch is for a different test
>> script).  If everyone is happy with these three patches, I'll
>> continue and
>> rework the rest of the scripts.
>
> I'd normally say no to a big set of patches like this so close to a
> final
> release, but if they only touch tests scripts and when I test them
> they work
> on Linux, FreeBSD and OpenBSD, then I'm happy to have them.
>
> I'll test this first batch within the next 8-12 hours.
>
> Erik

Hmm, if this huge patch breaks the tests, how do we know whether
1.3.0 is performing identically to 1.2.1?

I'm thinking that there is a possibility that the tests might produce
a false positive. It seems safer to only change the library or the
tests, but not both at the same time. Maybe the patches to the tests
should wait until 1.3.1

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting