[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre2 pre-release

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 06:10:18 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:51:43AM -0400, Ben Allison wrote:
> >> From 6.7.4.6
> >> An inline definition does not provide an external definition for the
> >> function, and does not forbid an external definition in another
> >> translation unit. An inline definition provides an alternative to an
> >> external definition, which a translator may use to implement any call to
> >> the function in the same translation unit.
> >
> > My understanding is that it's not an "inline definition" as there is
> > a non-inline declaration in bitreader.h.
>
> I don't see how that can be the case.  The spec explicitly states that
> inline definitions do not provide an external definition.

But it's not an inline definition according to 6.7.4.6 (the sentence
before the part you have quoted):

If all of the file scope declarations for a function in a translation
unit include the inline function specifier without extern, then the
definition in that translation unit is an inline definition.

--
Miroslav Lichvar