[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre2 pre-release

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Sun Mar 10 03:59:34 PDT 2013

Here's a patch that fixes the creation of larger than 2 GB FLAC files.
Without this patch both GCC and MSVC compiles of FLAC will fail on
Windows when they have written 2 GB file while encoding from stdin. And
after 4GB when encoding from WAV file.
It includes Ben Allison's MSVC changes and JonY's MinGW changes with
some tweaks to make both environments happy. And I had to do some more
inline changing to get my MSVC 2012 to compile the sources.

There may still be some bug in FLAC's large input wav handling as the
test FLAC I created by encoding over 22 hours of 24 bit data makes
foobar2000 report one sample mismatch in reported and decoded length. Or
it's a rounding bug in foobar2000.