[flac-dev] Fwd: flac 1.3.0pre1 prelease

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Tue Mar 5 11:18:08 PST 2013

On 13-03-05 10:50 AM, Andy Hawkins wrote:

> Yes, all CMake does is generate the files appropriate for your build system
> (Makefiles for linux, Visual Studio project files for Windows).

I meant that CMake cannot generate Visual Studio project files for
Windows without an actual Windows environment with a copy of Visual Studio.

What would really help Linux- (or Mac-) based developers would be
something like the GNU toolchain's 'make dist' which build project files
regardless of what platform it's invoked on, so developers could
support, or at least have a better chance of keeping up to date, build
descriptions they do not themselves test.

 -r