[flac-dev] Question from Argentina

Federico Miyara fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar
Wed Jun 12 08:13:56 PDT 2013

Dear Friends,

I am new to this mailing list. I am with the National University of
Rosario, Argentina, and I am writing a book on software-based
acoustical measurements, which includes a chapter on FLAC for
archival and streaming purposes from an remote embedded system
including a sensor.

I would like to ask why the seekpoint information in the seek table
metadata block reserves 64 bit for the number of first sample in
target frame and for the offset of the first byte of target frame.

It seems to me a lot, since 2^64 = 1.84e+19, i.e., far more samples
and bytes than can be expected in any file... ever.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Federico Miyara