[flac-dev] exhaustive-model-search issue results in multi-gigabyte FLAC file

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jul 17 02:07:21 PDT 2013

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> > > http://wootangent.net/~lsd/blah/snippet6.wav
> >
> > Great, thanks! Confirmed the problem here. Will look at it ASAP.
>
> Same problem with flac 1.2.1. Interesting!

I'm currently testing a fix for this.

The problem was an arithmetic overflow of a FLAC_uint32. I have not
been able to find an instance of this value overflowing for a 16 bit
input file, but I now have two 24 bit files that cause this
overflow. Oddly, only the one Leigh Dyer provided causes the output
file to grow.

I'm still working on coming up with something to add the test suite
to test for this.

Erik