[flac-dev] exhaustive-model-search issue results in multi-gigabyte FLAC file

Bastiaan Timmer basjetimmer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 06:26:59 PDT 2013

Some more possibly interesting information:

1. With me, both flac 1.2.1 and 1.3.0 fail to produce a flac file at all. They both end with:

snippet6.wav: 35% complete, ratio=0,781
snippet6.wav: ERROR during encoding
              state = FLAC__STREAM_ENCODER_FRAMING_ERROR

This is after my entire RAM is filled up (could that be the reason? my swap remains nearly unused though).

2. Flake has no problems with the file, but the file turns into 16 bit when doing that. The resulting flac file can

be decoded and encoded by flac without issues.