[flac-dev] The next release (pre-compiled windows and mac binaries)

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jul 11 01:05:52 PDT 2013

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> I think that is a very good idea. Just take a look at how many different
> FLAC 1.3.0 compiles are out there now...

Yes a canonical officially blessed version would clarify that
situation.

> > My current thoughts are that the win32 and win64 binaries can be
> > cross compiled from Linux and packaged as setup.exe style installer.
> > Ralph also has a Mac and we could create a dpg or whatever is most
> > common there.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Does this sound like a plan?
>
> Sure. Maybe it's a good idea to enhance the make check and make
> fullcheck targets to run FLAC through wine if requested, just like
> there's a configure switch to test with valgrind.

That reminds me that there is some problem with running the tests
under Wine. That will have to be fixed of course, but Wine still
only runs 32 bit windows binaries.

What I did for libsndfile was generate a binary test suite tarball
that could be untarred on the target system where the tests needed
to be run. I'll probably do something like that.

Erik