[flac-dev] Anyone tried building FLAC with MSVC?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Jan 24 14:47:04 PST 2013

Ralph Giles wrote:

> On 13-01-24 2:10 PM, Martijn van Beurden wrote:
>
> > 6) Replace all occurrences of static inline with static __inline
>
> This should be done with a global define for 'inline'.

+1

Specifically, something like

   #define inline __inline

should go in an appropriate place in include/share/compat.h
and any file that needs inline should include that compatibility
header.

> > 7) Tell the linker to ignore msvcrt.lib
>
> Visual Studio tells you to do this, but it's wrong. This probably comes
> from the libogg and flac projects using different runtime libraries.
> Make sure you're using release ogg with release flac, and if it still
> complains, change one of the projects to match the other.j
>
> Thanks for trying out the project files!

+1

We're workng towards a release and getting the MSVC project files
up-to-date and working is highly desirable.

Cheers,
Erik