[flac-dev] History of FLAC Frontend?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Tue Jan 22 01:57:29 PST 2013

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> It depends on your definition of 'being officially part of'.

My definition :

    In the FLAC source tree and compiles on/for most platforms
    FLAC compiles on/for.

> I think bundling a GUI for Windows users is still desirable, because
> they don't have nice command line utilities like *nix users do.

I disagree that it needs to be bundled with FLAC, but agree with it
being desirable.

Even if this FLAC GUI is cross platform I don't think it should
be part of the FLAC source code tree. It should be developed in
a separate source repository even if that repository is hosted
on Xiph. Also happy to have a link from the FLAC web page to the
GUI program.

Erik