[flac-dev] FLAC decoding failing (probably old encoder bug?)

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:20:34 PST 2013

Hi all,

Over at the flac users mailinglist a user had some corrupt FLAC files
which showed strange behaviour: decoding of the files failed at the last
few percent for all of them with a few different errors. They were
encoded with flac 1.1.2. I looked into a sample of a corrupt file, I can
reproduce the problem with both flac 1.2.1 and 1.1.2 (I can't compile
the git as autogen.sh fails here) but there's nothing strange to see in
a hex editor.

Maybe this bug still persists? Can anyone take a look there to provide a
'second opinion'? See here:
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac/2013-January/thread.html