[flac-dev] Pre-release 1.3.0pre4 (hopefully the last)

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:45:48 PDT 2013

On 28-04-13 13:23, LRN wrote:
> On 28.04.2013 13:38, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>> I have tagged 1.3.0pre4 in git and provided a tarball here:
>>
>> http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/flac/beta/flac-1.3.0pre4.tar.xz
>>
>> I have built and tested the git tree on:
>>
>> linux-x86_64 openbsd5-i386 freebsd5-i386
> i686-w64-mingw32 - builds correctly, passes all tests (NT 6.1.7601).
Add to that:
- linux-x86_64 (passed usual tests, when configured with no options,
--enable-sse)
- minGW (not w64) on Windows 7 32-bit
- Visual Studio 2012 on Windows 7 32-bit
- armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf (raspbian)

Furthermore I've ran the tests I used for the lossless comparison which
is on the FLAC website. The results are attached. I'm not sure what
happened, but it seems something happened to my system (I did no
software update or something of that sort), the results are not fully
reproducible when considering decoding. I'll look into this. However,
these results still show that there hasn't been a (severe) regression in
performance on linux.