[flac-dev] New FLAC Frontend

Christoph Terasa cterasa at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 23 01:14:03 PDT 2013

On 4/23/2013 9:28 AM, Martijn van Beurden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just as I said I would do in a previous mail to this mailing list
> (http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2013-January/003644.html),
> I've set up a sourceforge project with a remake of FLAC Frontend. After
> a few months of development (with loads of help from people at
> HydrogenAudio) I think it is fairly stable. As soon as FLAC 1.3.0 is
> released, I will release the first stable bundle of this software. The
> Sourceforge page is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flacfrontend/
>
> Like the previous frontend, this one is Windows-only, because other OSes
> generally have a shell that actually works :) Remaking and separating
> this GUI from the FLAC project will clean up the bug tracker because
> quite a lot of bugs there are related to this GUI.
Hi Martijn,

I tested building the frontend (VS05 only, since I only have VS2010) and
running the WIX install script. After the appropriate changes everything
worked as expected, I encoded some albums to success. I only have a very
minor cosmetic suggestion to make. To show the FLAC icon in Program and
Features, I added the line

<Property Id="ARPPRODUCTICON" Value="flac.ico" />

after

<Icon Id="flac.ico" SourceFile="../FLAC frontend/app.ico" />

which makes finding the entry a bit easier, and also might look more
"professional".

The frontend looks clean and good, well done. :)

Christoph