[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:39:14 PDT 2013

On 08-04-13 22:00, Janne Hyvärinen wrote:

> On 8.4.2013 21:38, Janne Hyvärinen wrote:
>> Friendly people on Hydrogenaudio found some bugs with the Unicode
>> printing code, so I was forced to make adjustments.
>> [...]
>
> The long line patch is broken and requires much more work, please
> ignore it. The other patch is still good.
> Here's a patch to get working Unicode support for one forgotten print
> function in metaflac.

I've just verified these patches (the UTF-8 ones, not the long line
patch) work for both MSVC as well as MinGW, basic tests
(FLAC__TEST_LEVEL = 0) passed. I tested the MSVC build by replacing the
binaries of a directory I did the MinGW build in with the MSVC binaries
and running the tests again. Handling filenames with Cyrillic and Greek
characters finally (fully) works here with these patches, which is great!

I only got one warning, win_utf8_io.c:96:5: warning: no previous
prototype for 'print_console'