[flac-dev] ogg not statically linked

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:31:44 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I was running some tests cross-compiling and natively compiling for
windows with mingw and found something strange: when I try to built flac
statically linked and libogg is available as a dll, flac will use the
dll instead of linking statically. If I built libogg with
--disable-shared, flac will use the static library. This is the case for
building natively as well as when cross-compiling. I've verified this
with the dependency walker.

This happened with current git (2de567f) I don't know whether this is a
bug or a feature, but I thought I should report this anyway.

Aside from the thing mentioned above, all tests passed for both static
as well as shared built on Windows with mingw32.