[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Apr 5 00:02:34 PDT 2013

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> I've tested this on  x86_64-linux as well, but still no static building
> possible (see earlier post on this). Someone over at HydrogenAudio has
> successfully built statically linked, but gets all weird kinds of errors
> in the resulting binary
> (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?s=ea13ae7a727c13c54a98c9230a7cbc67&showtopic=99757&view=findpost&p=830074)

Sigh, why are people reporting problem in the HA forums instead of
here?

> I've built it on "armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf" (which is Raspbian) as
> well, all tests passed, but I get a few warnings that don't show up on
> my amd64 build. I've included them below, I don't know what they mean
> exactly, but probably someone knows what to do with this? These show up
> with both plain ./configure as well as with --enable-static
>
> >   CC     grabbag/cuesheet.lo
> > grabbag/cuesheet.c: In function 'grabbag__cuesheet_emit':
> > grabbag/cuesheet.c:645:47: warning: declaration of 'index' shadows a

Thats benign and something I have noted to fix in the release after
the one I'm working on.

Basically is a name clash between a local variable named 'index' and
a function in <string.h>. Later versions of GCC don't complain about
this even with -Wshadow.

> > decode.c: In function ‘write_callback’:
> > decode.c:965:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]
> > decode.c:966:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]
> > decode.c:967:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]
> > decode.c:968:28: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]
> >   CC     encode.o
> > encode.c:118:34: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]
> > encode.c:119:33: warning: cast increases required alignment of target
> > type [-Wcast-align]

Those I will defintely look at.

Cheers,
Erik