[flac-dev] flac support on parrot asteroid (Android)

Declan Kelly flac-dev at groov.ie
Mon Sep 24 13:07:10 PDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 12:08:15AM +0100, decentcriminal at hotmail.com wrote:

> I have a Parrot Asteroid car media receiver that uses an Android based operating system to function.

You didn't say what Android version.
Native FLAC support was added to the Android OS for version 3.1 but your
device might have a stripped-down OS. The installed audio app(s) might
also be designed not to use all of the native OS.

> Is there anything the development crew can do to make the Asteroid stream FLAC audio?

Do you specifically need streaming, or will playing from files on local
storage be enough?

> the system does have an installer for 3rd party .APK files

Try one of the many existing FLAC playing apps for Android. I can
recommend DeaDBeeF & andLess (one of them can even play high definition
FLAC files).

--
-Dec.
---