[flac-dev] FLAC From 32 Bits

Chris c319chris at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 18:14:01 PDT 2012

Hello -

I am new to the list and new to FLAC and I have an encoding question. I
am using Goldwave to create a file which is 32 bits, signed, little
endian. I am doing this to avoid the added step of converting from
16-bit samples to 32-bit samples. All works well except that encoding a
sine wave does not output an exact replica of the sine wave -- far from
it. When I encode a 16-bit sine wave and convert the 16-bit samples to
32 bits, all works well but the conversion process is time consuming.
Changing the setting of FLAC__stream_encoder_set_bits_per_sample()
doesn't solve the problem. I am using the stream encoder because
eventually the output will go to a stream, but writing to a file for
testing purposes.

How do I encode to FLAC from native 32-bit files?