[flac-dev] Flac HiRes decoding problems

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Feb 27 22:57:55 PST 2012

Hi Klaus,

I'm not really sure where to start with this one.

Klaus Schulz wrote:

> My first post over here.
>
> While working on a music server optimzation (which ususally goes hand in
> hand with running pretty low buffers on realtime
> streams)
>
> I figured that certain HiRez flacs were causing XRUNS/hickups on my Linux
> server platform.

What is a HiRez flac? How does it differ from a regular flac?

> The interesting thing is to run into  XRUNS even though  the stream gets
> send to a Squeezebox Touch which got a 20s buffer on its receiving end.

XRUNS are a kernel/music player thing and not really anything to do
with the FLAC library.

In order to better understand this issue, you need to separate the decoding
from the playback. Do you have two files, one which rarely/never displays
the problem and one which usually/always displays the problem? Are you
able to post those files to a public website where I can retrieve them
and test them?

Erik