[flac-dev] Regain play analysis patches

Earl Chew earl_chew at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 13:05:11 PST 2012

I'm a little reluctant to introduce another compiled program when there are
so many other options that will work well enough out of the box.

Here are two ideas:

1. Use bc(1) to compute the raw samples
2. Use perl(1) to compute the raw samples

To generate raw unsigned samples using bc(1) for example:

samplerate = 1000;
duration = 2;
bitspersample = 24;

samplerange = 2 ^ (bitspersample-1) - 1;
samplemidpoint = 2 ^ (bitspersample-1);

pi = 4 * a(1);

scale = 18;
obase = 16;

for (ix = 0; ix < duration * samplerate; ++ix) {
  sample = samplemidpoint + samplerange * s(2 * pi * ix / samplerate);
  s = scale;
  scale = 0;
  sample /= 1;
  sample;
  scale = s;
}

Are you ok with bc(1) ?   Or would you prefer perl(1) ?   Or something else ?

Earl