[flac-dev] Regain play analysis patches

Earl Chew earl_chew at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 18:35:52 PST 2012

Mike,

I'm not an expert at DSP work, and I'd gladly defer to any one with any reasonable amount of DSP experience.

I followed the link, but I'm not sure how to interpret the graph exactly. I believe it's showing filter behaviour. The two curves look similar, but are clearly not the same. At the 1kHz mark, the blue shows -23, and the green shows perhaps 17.  Are they supposed to be the same ?

I believe the approach I took is reasonable based on my limited DSP knowledge and some reading, but is probably not even close to being optimal.

That being said, I think my patch leaves us better off than before !

Earl