[flac-dev] Meet the new maintainer

Olav Sunde ogs at olavsunde.net
Mon Feb 6 03:16:32 PST 2012

At 09:33 02.02.2012, you wrote:
Thanks Erik, I'll check back.

This next is a feature request: Today it is not possible to know the encoding of a flac archive. Many new devices support playback of flac, however tiny processors sometimes have a hard time decoding files with the default encoding of -5 or higher, resulting in unstable playback or even reduced audio quality. A re-encoding to -0 often solve these issues.
Can you look at a way to store parameters used for encoding in an archive so we can check it later?

Best regards

Olav Sunde