[flac-dev] Meet the new maintainer

Richard Ash richard at audacityteam.org
Sun Feb 5 08:14:14 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 11:50 -0800, Ralph Giles wrote:
> > It's been a while since I've worked with Visual Studio, so some dumb
> > questions ahead. To start: should I use
> > http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us/products/2010-editions/visual-cpp-express,
> > or something else?
>
> That's a fine place to start if you have windows but don't already
> have a copy of the microsoft compiler.

It's probably worth pointing out that Audacity has a working windows
build from the last released Flac sources in it's SVN repo:
http://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/browse/audacity-src/trunk#trunk
%2Flib-src%2Flibflac
and the project file here
http://code.google.com/p/audacity/source/browse/audacity-src/trunk#trunk
%2Fwin%2FProjects%2Flibflac%253Fstate%253Dclosed

These are VS express 2007 I think, but should upgrade to 2010 fine.

Richard