[flac-dev] Moving CPP hackery

JonY jon_y at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 4 01:32:23 PST 2012

On 2/4/2012 13:20, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Hi all, especially David Yeo and JonY,
>
> I've started moving compiler specific CPP hacker into a separate file
> at include/share/compat.h.
>
> Eventually I hope to be able to move all of the require CPP hackery
> for $random_compiler into this file and have any C file which needs
> any compiler specific tweak to include this new compatibilty header.
>
> My belief is that one this CPP hackery is all in one place, it will
> be far easier to modify and keep correct.
>
> So, I would be very greatful if David Yeo and JonY could test current
> git HEAD and provide a patch if anything breaks. I will hold off
> on any further hacking for a couple of days to give you guys time to
> test this.

Hi,

Looks like there are some missed defines in the test_libFLAC++. Attached
patch fixes that.

Also, wsock32 usage is deprecated, on Win7, wsock32 forwards everything
to ws2_32, suggest changing to -lwsock32 to -lws2_32 in configure.ac.
Additionally, using -lwsock32 on Cygwin is wrong. Fix in config.txt.

I also suggest changing all the switch-case statements in configure.ac
to AS_CASE.