[flac-dev] The XMMS plugin

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Feb 2 11:24:14 PST 2012

Hi Tim,

Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

> I still use this, though on Gentoo, not Debian or Ubuntu. It was removed
> from the Gentoo tree years ago, also, but still compiles and runs just
> fine if you pull the old e-builds from their CVS. I'm happy to help test
> it there.

Ok, it you're willing to pull the code out of git now and then and test
it, it can stay in the tree.

Just out of interest, what would I need to install to make sure this
thing compiles? Do I need the old XMMS sources?

Also, have you looked at XMMS2 or some of the others as a replacement?

> I also apply the attached patch in my builds, which makes its handling
> of the PERFORMER and ARTIST tags identical to that of the Vorbis plugin,
> which is useful when you want to transcode from FLAC to Vorbis without
> retagging things just to get them to show up the same way in the XMMS
> track list.

Applied. Thanks.

Erik