[flac-dev] Meet the new maintainer

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed Feb 1 14:00:47 PST 2012

On 1 February 2012 01:55, Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:

> Some time ago, I foolishly agreed to become the maintainer of FLAC,

Thank you, Erik!

Please find attached to patches which fix 'make dist'

Unfortunately 'make distcheck' still fails, because test scripts don't
work with out-of-tree builds. I have a partial fix for that, but I
think it would be better to hoist most of the shell scripts into make
and use the automake test support instead.

> The code has been moved to the Xiph.org git repo and I'll be trying
> to spend an hour a day on it until I get a backlog of patches reviewed,
> tweaked and applied. The main problem is that the FLAC test suite
> takes 30 minutes to run on a 2.8 GHz Core II Duo.

I added a job to our jenkins continuous integration thing. Right now
it doesn't test any more than you're proposing to do, but the results
are public, which can be helpful.

FWIW,
 -r