[flac-dev] [Flac-dev] Git branch with compiling fixes for win32

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 1 11:50:20 PST 2012

JonY wrote:

> > Sorry for the delay on actually getting on to this.
> >
> > I tried your patch, but it wasn't quite right. The problem is that %ll
> > is the correct format specifier for uint64_t on 32bit Linux but not
> > on 64 bit Linux.
> >

> Something is very very wrong about the above statements. I thought I
> used PRI?64 when inttypes.h is found (Linux should have it, old code
> uses %ll? anyway for non-msvc, so shouldn't have any new issues).

I think that may have been because configure was not detecting
<inttypes.h> when I first tested that patch.

> inttypes.h and stdint.h is supposed to be abstractions to remove these
> issues.

For the <inttypes.h> and <stdint.h> problem the way I usually prefer
to tackle it is:

   a) Assume they are there.
   b) When they aren't, add the required #ifdef/#define nonsense to
      define them for the compiler when they are missing.

> OK, I'll do a quick test build tomorrow. More thorough testing will come
> during the weekends.

Cool, thanks.

Erik