[flac-dev] Meet the new maintainer

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 1 01:55:37 PST 2012

Hi all,

Some time ago, I foolishly agreed to become the maintainer of FLAC,
the Free Lossless Audio Codec. The original author and maintainer
Josh Coalson has been MIA since early 2009.

The code has been moved to the Xiph.org git repo and I'll be trying
to spend an hour a day on it until I get a backlog of patches reviewed,
tweaked and applied. The main problem is that the FLAC test suite
takes 30 minutes to run on a 2.8 GHz Core II Duo.

The gt repo is here:

   https://git.xiph.org/?p=flac.git;a%3Dsummary

I encourage the keen to do a daily checkout and build. I will be
building it on x86 and amd64 Linux every day and running the full
test suite. Looking for someone to do that on Mac and Windows.

Cheers,
Erik