[Flac-dev] A-law and mu-law

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Mon Nov 21 22:32:17 PST 2011

On Nov 21, 2011, at 15:25, Conrad Parker wrote:
> In any case Erik is maintaining both libsndfile and libflac, and it's
> unlikely he'd want to duplicate the code. If anything it'd make more
> sense to remove code for reading other formats from the flac sources
> and just use libsndfile for that part.

It would be a bad idea to remove code from the FLAC command line.  As
far as I know, there is nothing in libFLAC that deals with WAV or
AIFF, so there is nothing to remove there.  Only the command-line
tool deals with external formats, and the command-line tool should
not be crippled beyond what it is already.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting