[Flac-dev] Can a libFLAC encoder be initialize and called from inside a libFLAC decoder callback?

David Troendle david at troendle.org
Tue May 24 12:56:29 PDT 2011

Sorry for ambiguity.  Each thread does a decode followed by the encode.  The
threads are driven by a queue of files for recoding, and synced with a
critical section.  When the queue is empty the threads exit.

It is not all that bad of an approach, but  the technique does use a lot of
I/O and only drives the processor at about 25%.  I thought this change in
approach would reduce the I/O and increase processor usage.  It has also
been a good tool to get some experience using libFLAC.

Regards.

David