[Flac-dev] pkg-config output and <FLAC/assert.h>

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Mar 25 14:36:02 PDT 2011

I'm subscribed to this list. No need to CC me.

Paul Davis wrote:

> i recall raising this as an issue about 18 months ago. i certainly
> feel that the include style that flac uses now is simply wrong, and
> that your suggestion above (which matches the one i made) is
> substantially preferable.

I've now taken to doing the following in my configure.ac file:

    PKG_CHECK_MOD_VERSION(FLAC, flac >= 1.2.1, ac_cv_flac=yes, ac_cv_flac=no)
    # Make sure the FLAC_CFLAGS value is sane, strip trailing '/FLAC'.
    FLAC_CFLAGS=`echo $FLAC_CLFAGS | $SED "s/FLAC$//"`

Solve the problem for me and will still work when the flac.pc
file is fixed.

Erik