[Flac-dev] MD5 Signature Mismatch

Scott C. Brown 02 Scott.C.Brown.02 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Wed Jun 1 05:12:53 PDT 2011

--- Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com> wrote:
My suggestion is to first gather more
information, by learning how to confirm whether an MD5 Signature even
exists in these files before continuing to determine the reason for
the mismatch.

Maybe someone else has more information.
--- end of quote ---
Thanks for the response.

He sent me a link to the files here:

http://www.archive.org/details/wolf2011-05-29.cleantone

I just grabbed the first track (only 2.7 MB), and metaflac gave me an MD5, but
the file failed testing and won't decode.

md5 in flac file: 8cefa4d345df955912a2ca94178f072d
correct md5 according to shntool: ce67ad906f81db0d914104bea08b0825

So it looks like his machine is creating bad md5s.  I just don't know enough about
why this could be the case or what else I should be looking at...

Thanks,

Scott