[Flac-dev] Idea to possibly improve flac?

Brian Waters brianmwaters at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 22:41:36 PST 2011

> Regarding dithering, I am not aware of many programs that do that without
> very specific user selection.  Any user savvy enough to turn on dithering
> would hopefully be paying attention well enough to avoid promoting 16-bit to
> 24-bit without noticing their mistake.

I suspect that this is sometimes done dishonestly in order to sell
hi-fi enthusiasts DVD-A's made from lower-quality source material.
After all, they do sell $35 dollar "high definition" digital coaxial
S/PDIF cables at your local Radio Shack.

And you lost me on the last paragraph there, but that's okay. Thanks
for the clarification.

- BW