[Flac-dev] Question regarding code use

Derek Lambert dlambert at dereklambert.com
Tue Feb 15 11:30:38 PST 2011

I'm working on an application/library to store data in FLAC metadata application blocks (http://sourceforge.net/projects/flac-track). Along with the data I'm storing MD5 checksums. I wasn't able to get RSA's code to generate correct checksums, but had no problem with the code included in FLAC. I'm new to open source development and I am wondering if it's allowed and what's necessary to include this code (md5.h, md5.c, and alloc.h) in my project? The only changes I've made are the removal of some unneeded functions and defines in md5.c and md5.h. I haven't made any changes to alloc.h. I apologize if this is the incorrect place to bring this question.

Thanks!
Derek J. Lambert