[Flac-dev] 24 bit flac decoding efficiency

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Mon Apr 11 16:31:07 PDT 2011

On Apr 11, 2011, at 15:05, Dennis kerrisk wrote:
> I am trying to decode 192k/24 bit flac on 542 MHZ risk processor,
> and I am
> having problems. I seem to be right at the edge of what this
> processor can do.
> So I am wondering what functions would be canidates for assembly code
> optimization? Any suggestions? Or could an older version of code be
> a batter
> candidate to use?

Does your embedded risc development platform include profiling?  The
best judge of which function need optimization is you, with the help
of your development tools.  The profiler should run your code and
measure the amount of time spent in each function, hopefully
providing you with a weighted list so that you can start optimizing
the top candidate right away and then go from there.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting