[Flac-dev] FLAC decoder in VHDL

Michael Kirollos mkiro001 at odu.edu
Tue Apr 5 09:07:20 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm an undergraduate student interested in developing a flac decoder in VHDL
for a semester project.  I'm still in the process of gathering information
about the flac specification and how it works.  As time is an issue, I would
like to know how long it would take to develop a flac decoder in VHDL, or
any language for that matter.  I know this is a very broad question, but I
just need an idea of what to expect. I am good with VHDL but I don't know
much about audio compression, only the basics.  Any information would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.