[Flac-dev] Problem building libFLAC on Windows x64

Sean Pappalardo spappalardo at mixxx.org
Wed Nov 17 06:02:58 PST 2010

Hello everyone.

Due to problems with libsndfile's handling of FLAC files, Mixxx is
going to use libFLAC directly in v1.9.0. I'm the Windows packager and
am trying to build libFLAC on Windows x64 using MSVC 2008 and the
following steps that I've put together:
http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/build_windows_dependencies#libflac

The problems I have are the following:

If I try to build the dynamic version, I get two unresolved externals:
bitreader_asm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _FLAC__crc16_table
bitreader_asm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_bitreader_read_from_client_
..\..\obj\release\lib\libFLAC_dynamic.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2
unresolved externals

I can build the static version fine, but when Mixxx tries to link it
in, I get different unresolved externals:
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_seek_absolute
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_delete
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_finish
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_process_until_end_of_metadata
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_init_stream
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_get_state
soundsourceflac.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp_FLAC__stream_decoder_new

Any ideas on what I can try next? Thanks for your time and work on
such an awesome codec! (I just wish more US car stereos used it.)

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
"D.J. Pegasus"
Mixxx Developer