[Flac-dev] Cue sheets/Tagging question

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Thu Nov 11 07:23:47 PST 2010

You should read the manual for the FLAC command line utilities.
There are many options that would probably achieve what you desire.
In particular, one of the links that I sent below clearly leads you
to a page describing how cuesheets are related to the SEEKTABLE, and
you can create a --seekpoint= marker for each track.

Sometimes you really need to take the time to read everything
available to you, especially when you have been waiting for months
for someone else to read it to you.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting

On Nov 11, 2010, at 01:44, Neil Wilkes wrote:
> I still cannot see how to embed this within a long file.
> The documentation talksabout preserving tracklistings from Audio CD
> - this is *not* what I need.
> I have a series of 24-bit Wave files, not on Audio CD.
> I need to find a way to encode to FLAC and add track points within
> the stream.
> Is this possible, and how do I do it please?
>
> I have been trying to find this info for months now, and nobody
> seems to even know if it is possible.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Neil Wilkes
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Willoughby"
> <brianw at sounds.wa.com>
>> On Nov 10, 2010, at 12:14, Neil Wilkes wrote:
>>> Is it possible to place track markers that will be reflected in
>>> a  cue sheet within a long FLAC file?
>>> I have a label who want to offer FLAC downloads of complete
>>> albums  - but there have to be track points designated within the
>>> FLAC file
>>>
>>> How can I do this please?
>>
>> I have not yet started using cue sheets, but I have excerpted what
>> I found in my archive of the FLAC-dev list.  It looks like there
>> are features to preserve a cue sheet.  It may require
>> uncompressing to  WAV, but C. Brown has a player which works
>> directly from the FLAC.
>>
>> Brian
>>

>> On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 20:55 -0700, Josh Coalson wrote:
>>> it embeds everything except the tags, see
>>> http://flac.sourceforge.net/faq.html#general__no_cuesheet_tags
>>> http://flac.sourceforge.net/
>>> documentation_tools_flac.html#flac_options_cuesheet