[Flac-dev] Recent gcc compilation

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 15:03:36 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I was compiling flac 1.2.1 from msys with mingw-w64 which works splendidly,
except for one thing: examples/cpp/encode/file/main.cpp gives an error about
memcmp not being declared in this scope, which is correct. Solution is to
add #include <string.h> which does declare memcmp.

By the way, when will there be a new release of flac? Doesn't have to be
big, just some x64 windows support (in the MSVC project files, mingw-w64
works as far as I'm concerned :) and perhaps any bugs squashed.